No matter what you think, your body holds wisdom. Sometimes we need to listen to our body and not just our brain.
You have had a long and stressful day at work. Your feel a headache coming on, your shoulders are tense and you feel tired and drained. You wonder if you can make it through the week. This is your body telling you, it’s time to listen.
What is causing this stress and pain? What can I do differently so I don’t feel tired, cranky and miserable every day?
Your body is telling you to take a break. It is telling you not to wait until it is too late and you have a mental breakdown or a heart attack.
Listen to your body. When it says it’s tired and stressed that means you have to listen. It’s time to take a breath, step back and see what is causing such a stressful environment for you. And, what can you do? Do not ignore the wisdom of your body.
Your body is telling you there is something in your life that needs to change. These changes will heal your body and you will feel better as will all of your friends, co-workers and the loved ones around you.
Make a list of those things in your life that are holding you back, whether it be anxiety, overwhelm, fatigue, frustration, fear, insomnia. All of these will hinder your well being.
Our bodies are intuitive. Listen to your body and the signs they are telling you. Our body’s messages are calling for our attention.
You feel an energy drain when you are with a toxic person. Anger rises when you are in a manipulative environment. Then there is the love and inspiration we feel when we are in the presence of someone that loves and appreciates us. All of these affect our body in a negative or positive way.
It is time to start the healing process.
- Be self-aware. Keep a journal and take time out of your day to meditate or moments of mindfulness. Slowly breathe in and out and listen to your body. Look at and focus in on a bird that you see hopping on the ground or another wonder of nature.
- Instead of always giving in to the busyness and distractions of your day, go for a walk or sit on a park bench and look at the view. Take in your surroundings and you will see them through a different lens.
- Tune into your body, notice how you feel and the sensations. Pay attention.
- Let yourself be in the present moment. Being present helps you become more aware and awake.
- Listen to the quiet voice inside of you. What does it say and are you listening. Write down thoughts and images that come into your mind so they don’t float away.
The wisdom of our body is calling out to us with a message. If you are not happy or healthy, it’s time to give your body attention and take action.
Natalie Bachiri – HealthyLux Passionate Contributor
HealthyLux July theme – Your body holds wisdom
If you would like to volunteer for a Healthy Luxembourg, please contact us (email@example.com). We can’t wait to hearing from you!