Indian cooking is a lot about different colors, spices, aromas.
Today we will be learning how to make Beetroot paratha. Beetroot has lots of health benefits. This recipe is very simple and you can make this in no time.
1. Beetroot- 1/2 cup
2. Wheat flour- 1 cup
3. Ginger paste- 1 tbsp or fresh grated ginger 1/2 inch
4. Green Chillis- 1 (Finely chopped)
5. Ajwain (carom seeds)- 1/4 tsp
6. Salt- 1tsp
7. Oil- 1 Tbsp
1. Peel off and grate the beetroot or you can also use a blender to blend it.
2. In a bowl take wheat flour, beetroot, ginger, green chili paste, salt, ajwain (carom seeds) and oil.
3. Mix all the ingredients, add water as needed and knead the dough.
4. Make small balls from dough.
5. Take one ball on the rolling board and dust some flour then with the help of the rolling pin roll like a small round of 3-4 inch. Repeat the steps for remaining dough balls and keep aside.
6. Heat a flat bottom non-stick pan and place the beetroot paratha on it. Cook for about 30 sec and flip on other side.
7. Apply oil on top and again flip the paratha cook properly on both side.
Beetroot paratha is ready. Serve it with Pickle Tangós Red Chilli Pickle 😉
Pallavi Srivastava- HealthyLux Passionate Contributor
Owner at Pickle Tango
HealthyLux November theme – Autumn colours