My mother in law loves taking lots of pictures of us on holiday, including pictures of me in my bikini by the pool! I still remember the first time we went on holiday together and she was taking photos of me. I didn’t like it one bit. She likes “in the action” photos, so most of the time I didn’t even know she was taking them. I had to reassure that she would not post any of them on Facebook!! She promised she wouldn’t. I actually just wanted to burn (delete) them!
This year however, things were different. In March we went on holiday together and again she was taking lots of pictures. This time, when going through them I wasn’t all grossed out about seeing me in a bikini!
First of all, what a terrible thing to think about myself! Is it really that bad to look at my own body? Well yes it is! And I am sure I am not alone! But really! Would we say that we are grossed out about seeing our best friend in a bikini if she is a little bulky and overweight? I recon not!
Second of all, did my body really change that much? I have lost some weight but I am surely not skinny and I do not look like the woman in the picture.
So what has changed?
My confidence and how I view myself has changed! All the holistic work I am doing for myself is really working! I am so happy that I am finally accepting and loving my body the way it is.
So can you! Here is the good news!
If you are unable to look at yourself in the mirror and hate seeing photos of yourself, especially in a bikini, you too can start to love yourself, just the way you are! You are worthy of love and you are beautiful!
Here are 5 small things you can do start loving your body:
- Take a yoga class. Doing yoga forces you to connect with your body in a different way and you will start to see your body differently.
- Get to know Louise Hay! Click here to listen to one of her many lectures or guided meditations you can find on youtube.
- Schedule something good for yourself at least once a week. It can be a massage or other treatment, try something new like Reiki, go for a walk, reconnect with a friend – anything that makes you happy! Go on, schedule it in now!
- Eat more vegetables! When you fuel your body with delicious nutrients, vitamins and minerals, your body will glow and you will start feeling different.
- Stop comparing yourself to others! You are and look the way you look and that’s the end of it! Cherish yourself! You are worthy!
Oh dear, there are so many more, it is hard to choose just 5! Be good to yourself! How do you expect other people to love you if you don’t love yourself? You can start now!
Anne Louise Littlejohn, HealthyLux passionate contributor