We are always trying to help those around us and forget that before we heal others we must heal ourselves. The happier and healthier we are the more those around us will benefit.
The first step in healing ourselves is understanding ourselves and what we need. Finding yourself is the most important part of the process. How do we do that?
Here are a few things you can do every day to help you find yourself and delve into and explore your true positive self:
- Journaling is very helpful in putting your thoughts on paper.
- Meditation and mindfulness are simple ways to quiet your mind and be present with yourself and make you aware of everything around you.
- Yoga and other sports or exercises are great at releasing tension.
- Keeping your thoughts positive and not dwelling on the negative.
- Surround yourself with good energy in a positive and uplifting way including the people you are with, music, books, movies and other activities. Avoid anything that is negative or drains your energy.
Here are things you can ingrain in your life every day to help bring positivity into your life:
- Before getting out of bed think of all the things you are grateful for and write one down.
- Tell someone in your life how grateful you are for them or for something they did.
- At the end of the day think of all the things you are grateful for that day.
- Set an intention of what you would like to happen that day and say it out loud.
- Set an intention for a time, a project or goal or anything you want to accomplish and write it down.
- At the beginning of the day say, “I know something amazing will happen today and I cannot wait to see what it is!” Then at the end of the day write it down or share it with someone.
- Go for a walk.
- Take a relaxing bath with sea salts and essential oils.
- Listen to soft, calming music.
- Light a candle and sit gazing at the flame.
- Drink a chamomile or herbal tea.
- Each day name one amazing thing about yourself and say it out loud and write it down.
- Make a list of things you like doing, that bring you joy and happiness and find a way do more of them.
- Is there something that you would like to change that would help you feel better about yourself? Write it down, make a plan and do it.
- Connect with your inner soul and get used to how it feels. Does it say something to you and what does it want? Write down what comes to you. Take a few minutes each day to connect with yourself.
- Give yourself affirmations. If there is something you want but don’t believe you will get it create a positive affirmation and repeat it to yourself 3 times or more until you feel it sink in.
Grounding and Centering Yourself
- Sit in nature near a tree.
- Walk barefoot.
- Go for a walk in nature or in a park.
- Run or jog.
- Work in the dirt or gardening.
- Take a relaxing bath with epsom salts to help clear away bad energy.
- As you take a shower ask that anything that is not positive in your life be cleared away by the water. EFT/tapping is another thing you can do while showering to clear away bad energy.
- Throughout the day when bad energy enters ask that it be cleared away and visualize it happening.
- Drink lots of water and eat healthy whole foods.
- When you feel emotions coming to the surface, find a safe, quiet place where you can let it out (scream, cry, growl, yell, whatever your body needs).
- Dance, exercise and move to get your blood pumping and shift the energy to positive.
Just a few of these will show you your true self and make you happier and healthier. Heal yourself and you will also being healing those around you and sending positive energy.
Natalie Bachiri – HealthyLux Passionate Contributor
HealthyLux November theme – Before healing others, heal yourself
If you would like to volunteer for a Healthy Luxembourg, please contact us (email@example.com). We can’t wait to hearing from you!